7.08.2008

fun tidbits (note sarcasm)

It was time. So I am writing again. I've been short of inspiration for awhile. But here goes.
We've been going through a bit of a 'phase' around here. It's been difficult. For some days, weeks and months. It happened gradually and became normal. One 'bad' day turned into two, then a 'bad' week, and so on. Now it is the 'good' days and moments that are appreciated and stand out from the rest. Part of the problem is that Mekaia is going through a difficult stage. That appears to be lasting. Very. Long. One example of his defiant attitude is the peanut butter incident this morning. You see, he was whining because he had some p.b. stuck on his hand from his toast. I wiped it off, which is apparently not what he wanted me to do, because he angrily stuck both hands right back on the toast in order to re-smear them with p.b. And I walked away, took a deep breath and a deep gulp of my coffee. Seriously!! The rest of the problem is just trying to manage everything in life all at the same time, which I am not always very good at doing.
Last night I was heading to my new gym (Yippee!) and turned on the radio and heard these words: "...been feeling frustrated, exasperated, anxious and angry....you have not been spending enough time with God..." Isn't exasperated a nice word? I mean, doesn't it just sound like what you feel sometimes? Anyhow, the four word description fit nicely and I kept on listening. You see, I can remember a time several months ago when I didn't feel like this every day. And I kinda want that back! The pastor (Britt from jesusisreality.com) went on to talk about how ugly and unmanageable life is when we live it in the flesh (on our own effort without depending on God) and quoted something from Spurgeon (I think) about how a man should never another in the face in the morning until he had looked into the face of God...and Luther (I think) saying that some days he had so much work to accomplish that he absolutely could not do it without spending several hours in prayer to begin with! Wow.
Then the pastor went on to talk about how he gets up each morning at 5 to spend quiet time with God before others wake up. And how his wife is up at 6 because their child wakes at 7:30. In the ideal world, this would be a good idea, thought I. As I heaved a big sigh and arrived at my gym. It's so unpredictable for my kids still, I don't know if it's going to be 5:30 or 7 and I am a bit selfish on the sleep thing which I may need to change.
Anyhow...I know that my devotional life is lacking...I need to be way more consistent in reading the Bible...it's one of those things we all know, but fail to live up to often. If I would just spend the time, I believe that God will give me the strength that I need to deal with my life without losing my mind as I've felt so often lately!! I don't think He necessarily changes circumstances right away, but He provides what we need in the situation. So hopefully recognizing that I have NOT had what I needed without Him will motivate me to depend more on Him.
So I had a great workout and tried out the 'vibration slimming machine' which is probably totally a crock, but was kinda fun anyways!! It's supposed to burn fat and increase metabolism among other things! Fat chance I'd say!
Then this morning my poor sick baby was up at 5:24, and didn't fall back asleep (til 9:00) but did throw up on me twice and Nu once. And the other two were up arguing (!) at 6:00. At this point of the day I thought, see there we go, I'm up at 6:00 so I can have my quiet time. Which ended up being a few one-liners offered up between dealing with 'stuff'. Hey, it's a start!

2 comments:

Sue said...

hey darling.

your desire is there, and that is the best place to start, i'd say. :) I can start praying for more consistent mornings for your kidlets, so you can start setting your alarm for quiet time if you'd like. :)

love you.
su

Sarafina said...

at 5:30 this morning, I am appreciating your prayers...remember: consistently late, not early!!!