Hi all.
The blogging mood has not been around at all lately, and I do apologize for my absence.
It hasn't been for lack of happenings, just lack of motivation.
So, now that people have probably given up on me, and stopped checking altogether (I can hardly blame you) I'm back!
The weekend after my last post Nu and I got to attend an INCREDIBLY AWESOME couples retreat from our church. It was down at Cedar Springs in Sumas if you're familiar with it. The whole thing was only made possible because Mom and Dad very graciously agreed to watch the kids for the 2 nights, 3 days! I cannot thank them enough. So the retreat was held at this beautiful setting with lakes and waterfalls and swans and lots of hiking trails. Now it did rain the entire weekend, but we still got to go on an adventurous hike up to the top of Haystack Hill, umbrella and all. Nu was very valiant, making noises to scare away any potential bears (do they wake up from hibernation in February or March?-this would have been good to know!) and going behind me up the steep climb in case I should need someone to fall on. It was actually a really steep hike, but gorgeous at the top, with a complete view of anything you would ever want to see in the Sumas prairie. And we did see a deer, but no bears. Of course the deer startled us (Nu) and we (Nu) thought it was a bear. haha.
The sessions at the retreat were so good and helpful...our pastors and their wives led it, and they were all completely genuine, transparent, and honest about all the challenges of marriage. It was so refreshing to hear people being real, and yet bringing God's wisdom into the real stuff of life. Good times.
Other than that, we've just been working and busy with everyday things.
We do have one rather, errr, big, announcement to make:
Ok, here goes. So, we weren't going to tell people yet, but we've told a few now and the word seems to be spreading faster than a wildfire, so...
come September, there will be a 5th member added to our family!
Yes, if it's come as a surprise to you, rest assured it came as quite a shock to us as well. Heehee.
So, for all of you that I've told we were going to space the next two three or so years apart...um, we're not. Surprise! I know some of you are thinking we've lost our minds...and while that may not be completely true yet, I'm sure it will be sometime next fall...we are excited to meet a new little Lapa and thinking that Someone else must have had an entirely different plan going than we knew about! So, if you think of us, please pray for a healthy and MELLOW baby, a content, adjustable, sleepy child that can roll with life with two young siblings. And sanity for me, who will have 3 under 3 for a couple months. What was that I said in the last post? I love a challenge. Errrr, yeah.
I've been feeling ok, nauseous throughout the day on and off, eating a lot of fruit and trying to talk myself out of throwing up quite often...fun times. It's not too bad, and I am looking forward to the stage where I actually look pregnant and don't feel so tired (will it happen this time, I don't know?).
Ok, that's it for now.
Peace.
13 comments:
I heard it through the grapevine from a little birdy...
Congratulations to the Lapa family! Hey, if I could do it Sarah, anyone can. Our oldest turned 4 a few months after number three was born. Number 3 was actually the easiest adjustment to make, because you already know everything you need to know about babies. Right?
Thanks auntie.
haha, yeah, right!
Especially after the adventures of #2!
Oh my goodness! Congratulations Sarah! I am so exited for you, and for what it's worth, my third was my easiest baby by a long shot - maybe because she didn't have much choice! :)
Blessings,
Christa
SO THE WORD IS OUT! :) yipppeee for Sarah and Nu! I think this is FABULOUS news!!! what a great way to start your autumn...by having a baby. aaaawwww.
i am soooo not experienced yet with 2nd's and 3rd's but for what it is worth: everyone i know has a very easy 3rd child. :) I guess they just figure it out pretty quick that they are at the bottom of the totem pole (for lack of a better cliche). haha.
love you sis. hope you feel better soon. we are REALLY EXCITED FOR YOU. God's plans are always the best.
love su
WOW, Congratulations! For someone just overcoming the icky, yucky feelings of early pregnancy, I can totally FEEL for you! Thank goodness for Diclectin! I pray all goes well and you have another beautiful baby to add to your life!
Congrats Sarah! Wonderful news! What I'm most excited about is hearing the new baby's name when he/she is born because I just love the names you've given to your 2 kids so far! I hope your pregnancy goes wonderfully well!
~Carmen
Congrats Sarah!! When in Sept?? We are also due in Sept!!
Such a great joy the way God Blesses our lives with the joy of children!
Congrats again!!
Congratulations!!! That's soooo exciting. I have no idea what it's like to have 3 little ones, but, will pray that he/she'll be an easy baby :)
WOW what news!!!??? I guess aw, volleyball's on hold then for another 2 years of so???
(I did see you pop in for a bit during the tourny, I was busy playing or else I would have came over to say a quick boo...sorry about that.)
That is awesome! I have to say that so far my 3rd is pretty easy but life with three in general is pretty hard work. I know you'll do great and if this was God's will he'll give you the strength you need!
Thanks everyone!
To answer your question Robyn, I'm due around September 20th (or if this baby follows the pattern, 7-10 days after September 20th!).
Also, we already have a few name options picked out, and suffice to say that although I love the name Benjamin we've ruled out Peniamina (which is the Samoan version), Iuta (Judah), Iacopo (Jacob) and Solomona (Solomon)! No we don't know it's a boy, those are just the names we've had to rule out! That's all I can say about that.
Thanks for all the well-wishes (0:
Congratulations! Whenever i think of having alot of kids (which i don't think i will do, but who knows) i try to think of how wonderful it will be to have lots of teenagers and young adults around, instead of thinking about how busy it will be to have 3 under 3! your kids will have so much fun together! Happy baby growing!
Janie
wow Sarah!
Congratulations!
I found going from 1 to 2, harder than going from 2 to 3.
I am so excited for you!
Post a Comment