Teaching snipit of the day: We read a book about fall leaves from the viewpoint of Winnie the Pooh. While it was not a literary thrill by any means (quite boring unfortunately, but then, I didn't pick it did I?) it did result in an interesting debate on whether it's better to leave all of the fall leaves scattered about the lawn, or to rake them into neat little piles. Rabbit wanted piles, Tigger wanted to jump into them, and I sided with Winnie the Pooh, who thought it was much more lovely to just look at them scattered here and there. Well, I lost the class debate. Apparently most of my Grade 1's thought it best to rake the leaves into piles. Who knew? At least it looks like I'm winning in my backyard!
On a more painful note, I have a bit of a headache tonight, and I'm really hoping I'm not heading in my dear Dad's "headache-following-almost-every-schoolday" footsteps! At least it's not a migraine or anything, just minor so far.
For some more thought-provoking reading, head over to my sister's blog. Her latest post is simply inspiring.
http://www.pieprincess.blogspot.com
3 comments:
Hey, I didn't have headaches every school day. Once in a while. And even in the summer sometimes so I'm not sure if school was the actual trigger. Anyway, I hope you don't inherit that irritating trait. Hope you're already feeling better!(Maybe you just got too hungry - that gave your grandpa headaches sometimes.)
Chocolate. Eat lots of chocolate, and 4 cups of coffee a day. This will cure everything that ails you. Especially headaches.
hahahaha.
i would be one shaking-mass-of-sue if i consumed FOUR cups of coffee a day. i really truly think my cup of decaf gave me the jitters today. crazy, i know.
thanks for the link to me, dear sweet sis.
hope your headache disappears soon. Glad you had a lovely day of teaching!! :) i suggest raking the leaves as the grade ones' thought to do, haha....the yuk-uk of a mess in the spring is no fun if you don't. bla. you should have seen the rotten-stinkiness of our yard where the leaves had decomposed. bla.
enjoy your lovely day!! call soon-ish. i'd love to hear from you.
tomorrow is good, perhaps tonight??
loves.
rake away! :)hahaha.
Post a Comment