12.30.2006

Happy (Early) New Year!


Goodbye to the old...
(think red, not as shiny, missing one hubcap,
some scratches, no beach ball,and a more northern license plate)

Hello to the new...

We surprised ourselves a little this week! We've had it in mind to trade in our car for awhile, and we found a good deal on boxing day and decided to take it. It's a 2003 Saturn Vue, which has more room than our old car, 3 locking clips in the back seat, should we ever need 3 child-restraint seats at one time and a nice big trunk. Not to mention it has a computer that tells you what direction you're traveling and what the temperature is inside the vehicle!
Now you may be thinking, "Those impractical people, they should just have gotten a minivan!" You may be right. I am fully aware of all the family-friendly qualities of the minivan, but let me tell you, when I saw my dear husband's face as the salesman showed us around to the 3 lovely family-mobiles that fit our price range, I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that his resolve against buying such a machine was not going to be weakened one little bit. I wish I had that look on camera. Priceless. Well, at least now we're not paying an arm and a leg every month for a vehicle we despise! Haha.
I was a bit sad to say goodbye to the Focus, who, despite looking somewhat matronly, was responsible for me learning to drive a standard. For that she will always be remembered fondly.
The new beast needs a name, so if you have any suggestions, please post them!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiyo Silver...away! That's from the Lone Ranger, that masked man who fought evil villains. You are probably too young for that T.V. show, but his horse was named Silver. And the Lone Ranger was not a Mini Van man either.

Anonymous said...

(think red, not as shiny, missing one hubcap,
some scratches, no beach ball,and a more northern license plate)
There, Kristin and I had to copy this into here so we could read the small print.
Question: What's with the beach ball?

Sarafina said...

Oops! It shows up fine here (0:
There's a beach ball in the back in the picture, but not in our car...no special significance, just pointing out that the car in the picture was not ours!! Heehee.

Anonymous said...

I get it!