9.11.2006

I love Mondays

I don't know why.
I just love Mondays. I think it has something to do with new beginnings. A new week. A fresh start. Recharged after the weekend.
Anyhow, we are having a pretty dull yet enjoyable day...Tidying up the house, doing errands, playing with the kids. Life as a Mom, right? I've just been enjoying them today (when I haven't been disciplining one of them in particular)...they are such treasures.
I've been in an "organizing and scheduling" state of mind lately, so I've been making lots of lists for Fall, and trying to plan ahead. I'm also starting to do some "preschool-y" types of things with Lesina in a scheduled way (with good intentions and no schedule I find they just don't happen very regularly)...ABC practice, numbers, art, little science lessons and the like. Should be fun! We'll also be going to the gym as many Fridays as we can for drop-in if anyone feels like joining us (11-12 am).
It feels great to make lists so I know what needs to be done....clean and organize closets, paint hallway, fix this and that, and on and on....now let's see how much I can actually get done! With my little brown bear being mobile now, my productivity might be limited!! He's everywhere, and into EVERYTHING! He's crawling so fast, standing pretty solidly, and even walking along the furniture (you know, holding onto it, not on top of it). Things change SO fast...yesterday he was my little tiny cry-baby, and now he's a content and excitable little crawling machine!
Our little Boo is doing great too. I've had 4 or 5 people tell me that she reminds them of Boo from Monsters Inc, so she has a new nickname! She has been stretching my patience further than I thought imaginable lately. And usually further than it is willing to stretch! She's so sweet. But I have spent a good part of much of the last week quite exasperated with her! You know it's bad when you're talking with a friend and realize you've both been talking back to your 2 year old with the attitude of a hormonal, irrational teenage girl! Not good. Not good at all.

Here are some GOOD things from the weekend:
~ Awesome garage sale finds:
2 almost-new pairs of shoes exactly like what I had in mind to go and buy (and could not) -- 4$
2 new pots for the garden
an extra set of cutlery (I'm always running out) -- 1$
300 piece world puzzle like the one I loved as a kid -- 50 cents
~ Hard-working hubby digging a pond for our friendly neighbors
~ Watching Monsoon Wedding...loved it, thanks Rhonnie!
~ Church! Always refreshing.
~ Relaxation on Sunday afternoon...reading thru my "Gardening for Canadian Dummies" while DH watched his taped rugby game during the peace of the afternoon nap. Sheer bliss.
~ Neighborhood block party at the church across the road...it was 4 churches together, one Korean and one Chinese, so we sang choruses in Mandarin and Korean! Very cool. And difficult. And they say English is a hard language?
~ Hanging out with our good friends, Poi and Nettie, for an impromptu tea.

I'm out of things to say, but one last note...did you know that you can rent almost any DVD you want, new or old, to see from the public library? For FREE? Yep, I love free stuff. You can request them online, because they are hard to find on the shelves as they are so popular.

Peace.

8 comments:

L&D said...

Sounds like things are good as gold. I love your posts....they are so upbeat and optomistic. Very refreshing.

Anonymous said...

Very nice Sarah. So the little bear has turned a new leaf, has he? Wow! Fun times! Now he will be too busy to whine, and perhaps too tired at night to wake you up???

I am trying to be anonymous because whenever I try to post it doesn't let me.

ant

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the commenting problems...I think beta blogger only allows beta bloggers to comment unless you are anon.!
Yes, he's turned a new leaf...and he IS sleeping all night, almost every night!!!! Yay!!! And not waking up at 5:30 for his morning. It seemed like this day would never come!
Thanks for the comments, I thought I had lost all my readers for awhile!
Ok, so I can't even comment on my own blog without being anon. Crazy. I guess you have to have a google email account as well as being beta!
-me

Anonymous said...

let 's see if this trick works...abara-kedabera!

did it post???

Anonymous said...

WOW, I CAN WRITE AGAIN!

i've left ...hmm...at least 5 or 6 comments that DIDN'T work, so i am back in action as the Anonymus user.

yep that's me.
well sis, sounds like a beautiful life, makes me smile and get tingly inside! :) hugs. love you dearly, from sue

Anonymous said...

i'm just going to keep writing, i love seeing comments on my page, so maybe this will make up for the lack of comments you've recently had (due to beta issues)

loves.

Lee said...

details on the gym thing would be VERY cool!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lee,
ok, the gym is Twisters gymnastics building...at Rotary Stadium...they do a drop-in for up to age 5 Fridays 11-12, and its 6$ each time.
I think they have other days as well, but we go Fridays.
There's a supervisor there, but parents go around with their kids.
It's a great fun way to get some of that energy out!! It would be really cool to go together sometime!!
-me