10.05.2006

a break

Things are just peachy here as always. Haha. Yup, you know sarcasm when you hear it right? Well actually, things are good, and some things are bad, and wonderful, and hard and exhausting and beautiful all at the same time...but through it all there is joy in my heart because of my God. It's so good to have the assurance that my heart can find rest and peace and comfort in Him.
Tonight at church Lesina took a break from the sugar and spice to kick her teacher in the leg. Or so she says.
"Lesina did you have fun with the kids?"
"Yes, Mama"
"Did you listen to your teacher?"
"Yes" (shaking head no)
"You didn't listen to your teacher?"
"No, I kicked my teacher!"
"Why?"
"I really wanted to see Mama and Daddy."
Well, she is an honest delinquent at the very least. But honestly, I never thought one of my kids would kick their teacher! How far has she departed from my own docile personality? She does have a flair for the dramatic. I can only hope she's making it all up. Hmmmph.
Yesterday I discovered that although most ketchup bottles are made of plastic for obvious reasons, that doesn't necessarily mean they won't destruct on impact of a fall. The kitchen enjoyed a good scrub-down today, the likes of which it has actually never seen in the 12 months we've lived here. Yes, we're coming up to our one-year anniversary of home-ownership, hard to believe.
Anyhow, I think I need a break. A weekend retreat, a good long hike, some quiet and peace, some coffee, or even just some sleep. Which is what I'm going to do now. Anyone else need a break from life?

6 comments:

Sue said...

sounds lovely, i 'll break with you. :)

aaah, the lovely solitude of a lake, a mountain hike, or a cup of tea. sounds perfect for thinking abou things that the everyday doesn't always allow for us to delve into. anyway, i just listened to teh first proverbs sermon by M.D. and now i'm off to fold the laundry.

it is a quiet time...just no lake, and no tea. but that's okay.

:)
loves. from sis.

Anonymous said...

Me! But we're renovating. No time.

Sue said...

what are you renovating now???? i thought you were done that years ago anti?? :)

interested to know! :)

L&D said...

Ahhhh, it's it great having a two year old?

Lee said...

me! me!

Anonymous said...

Well it's never really ended. Remember the room you play foosball in last time you were here? With the particle board floor and the drywall patches and the junk everywhere? Well it's getting a new ceiling, new window and door trim, new flooring, new bold and beautiful colours, and new furniture, so that finally we will be able to use it and close the doors, hence we will be able to have really company with real children, and the adults will be able to hear themselves speak. How about that?