We have so much to be thankful for.
Yesterday was a busy, crazy, loud, thankful day.
13 adults, 9 kids were fed at lunch...through the combined effort of myself and two other friends (thank goodness, because I could NOT have done it alone!)
Junior and Kim came down for Seattle, an unexpected surprise, and we had Poi and Nettie, Pose and Paula, Some and Jodie, another Samoan couple, and the lone white guy, Chris, who has probably learned some Samoan now! It was an awesome time of fellowship with good friends and interesting people. And loud kids. And grumpy ones. Both of my kids decided not to nap, and I won't go into much detail about how that made the day very interesting indeed. I'm sure you can imagine. My FIRST turkey ever done all alone actually turned out very well....nicely browned yet tender and juicy, and completely cooked! I was so relieved. I tried a little trick of putting a whole apple and onion inside during baking and it seemed to work well. I would make the punch again too, nice and easy, just cranberry juice with pink lemonade and sprite or sparkling water. Yummy. The snapshot I want to keep in my head of yesterday is of the big group of us standing in a circle in our kitchen giving thanks to God for the meal and for our lives. He is the source of everything we have, and every good thing comes from His hand; it was so good to recognize that together, and then celebrate and eat a big feast! In the morning our youth pastor did a good job of reminding us of our absolute dependence on God for everything in these temporary dwellings that we live in, and of our response of thanksgiving. But he also pointed us to the eternal provision of God for us in the cross, reminding me that we are STRANGERS here and our LIFE and TREASURE lies elsewhere, thanks to Jesus! Here's to becoming more of a stranger in this world.
I still haven't had that break that I needed in the last post, and now I need it more than ever, but at least we'll take it easy today and relax together as a family. And be thankful. Always.
3 comments:
Good thoughts sis. and great dinner party!! :) i love having a full house, noisiness and food....and i love it when it gets cleaned by a bunch of people together afterwards. haha. the cleanup, otherwise, is a lonely time.
sounds like a wonderful group of people and a delightful way to say thankyou to God.
love you dear. the fair was grreat. i'll post pics later.
from sue i'm thankful for YOU.
And me for YOU(0:
-me
I am glad you had fun- I have a thanksgiving video on my blog :) I am glad you got to be with lots of people on thanksgiving- family and friends to share the day with is the best:) I miss the Bridge and seeing everyone there:)
Post a Comment